Installing a crown or a bridge
To speed up the healing process, we strongly suggest following the instructions outlined below. However, it is perfectly normal to experience some discomfort and swelling after surgery.
Two appointments are needed to install crowns or bridges. During the first appointment, we’ll make impressions of the teeth to be replaced and install temporary crowns or bridges to protect your teeth until the replacement teeth are ready.
On the day of the procedure
- Take the medication prescribed to you, as needed
- Drinking hot liquids when you’re under anesthesia
- Eating sticky or hard foods (chewing gum, candy)
- Chew on the other side of your mouth
Starting the day after the surgery up until you’re fully healed
- Brush your teeth as you normally would, but be careful when flossing to prevent the temporary crown from falling off
- Should the temporary crown fall off, come see us right away. If you wait too long, the installation of the permanent crown may be more difficult and your other teeth may begin moving toward the empty space
- If you experience any pain, or if you have any questions, call us at 450-562-0266