To treat periodontitis and keep your gums healthy, follow these instructions very carefully. Poor oral hygiene habits will quickly undo the treatments received.
- Brush your teeth at least three times a day and floss daily
- Apply the MONS paste as recommended by your dentist
Recipe for the paste (do not prepare in advance)
- Approx. ¾ tsp. baking soda
- Approx. ¼ tsp. 3% peroxide (10 vol.)
- Brush your teeth using regular toothpaste to remove plaque
- Mix the baking soda and peroxide into a paste and put it on your toothbrush
- Apply the paste on the edge of your gums, near your teeth, rinse.
For at least one year, see the dentist every three months for a cleaning. After one year, the dentist will re-evaluate the frequency of your cleanings.